Week 36

Hey,
Celebrating Charlie's first birthday :)

Patience is most certainly a virtue. It's actually kind of funny because the manager of the Clare team rang me a couple of days ago to see if I would be ok to play in a half of a in squad match yesterday and I told him ya I'd definitely be delighted to if the physio said it was ok. When I hung up though I felt like if I played one half I'd surely need to play the second and sure wouldn't it be as handy just to play the whole match ha. After talking to my physio it was decided that I would leave it to 9 months before I joined in matches because it's too much of a risk.

      
Hamstringsssss
          Grandads strawberries again! Delicious
It's made me think a lot this week about the eventual returning to play, waiting 9 months reduces the risks hugely of a re-injury and every week you wait after that reduces the risks again. I really do believe that I'd be grand to go play a match tomorrow but after hearing so many stories and after all this time why rush at the last step. As frustrating as it is I suppose I just need to remember still that each gym session is going to help me when I'm back, each run will make me that little bit fitter and that physio's know exactly what they're talking about. I've taken the approach from the day after surgery 257 days ago and to be fair I think they've done a pretty good job so far!

Leanfaidh mé orm is dócha. Faigheann foighne fortacht!

Can you even.... :)
Plan for the week:
Monday: Gym session - Heavy
Tuesday: Running - Gym
Wednesday: Club camogie - Speed
Thursday: Running
Friday: Gym - Club Camogie
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Gym/Plyo/Speed work

Naomi 


Comments

Popular Posts