Week 35

Hey,

Stretching and Mobility 
Over the 8 month mark and I feel like I should be well able to participate fully in camogie at this stage.... but there's been a number of injuries on our main training pitch and the physio's advice is that it's too high of a risk to train on.. Disaster!

As a result of this I have really struggled with going to training this week. I actually found myself wanting to do anything but, especially since I feel I could actually do a full session and I actually think that I am getting a small bit fitter (slowly). It's been a quick 8 months in one way (10 since injury) but the standing watching training or sitting in meetings continues to be the most mentally draining part.

         
Operation Get fit... 
Again I did the full warm up in Meath before the match on Saturday but that's only one half an hour of actual training in the week which is disappointing. The positive to take is that I instead could do 3 running sessions on top of my 4 gym sessions but I want to be training in a team environment as much as I can.
My Grandad's home-grown
strawberries :)

Again, with the increased training load this week my knee has swollen once or twice and I've been careful around over-training and icing and recovery. I've made sure to do a lot of mobility and stretching too which has been pretty helpful!

   
Skills work 
Plan for the week:
Monday: Gym session - Heavy
Tuesday: Running - Gym
Wednesday: Club camogie - Speed
Thursday: Running
Friday: Gym - Club Camogie
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Gym/Plyo/Speed work

Naomi





Comments

Popular Posts