Week 32

Single leg squats band assisted 
Hey,

I'm 7 and a half months post surgery now and I'd happily go out and play a match :). At this stage in my recovery I've realised how important it is that I do my own warm-up before I warm up with the team and that I stretch well and ice my knee post sessions.

I'll be progressing to go between 40 and 50 minutes of a training session this week coming including contact. I'm also really looking forward to getting back to doing full pitch sessions in the next 2 weeks. I have my second testing in Santry tomorrow the 4th of June so I'm hoping they'll be happy with the progress.

   
Conor my ACL training partner :) 
I've been very lucky in some ways since getting injured, one in that I've been able to do a lot of training with Conor (had ACL surgery the week after me). It most certainly is a long road but if you have someone to train with and to chat to who's in the same boat as yourself it makes it a lot easier! There's been a few times I've had no interest in doing a gym session only for Conor, so himself and FIT100 have definitely been a massive help :).

I finished work on Friday for 3 months (woooo) so I'll have lots of time for continued rehab and fitness... I'm ploughing into that now and have to admit that despite my lack of fitness I'm really enjoying the sessions (when I've finished them)!
Operation get fit in full flow

Achievements of the week:
1. Hockey for the first time a looooong time.
2. Made it through my second year as a teacher and got CID'd :)

Training Plan for the week:
Monday - Rest day (Yoga and mobility)
Tuesday - Testing Santry
Wednesday - Gym
Thursday - Clare Camogie
Friday - Running/Gym
Saturday - Reformer Pilates
Sunday - Clare Camogie/Running

Naomi


Comments

Popular Posts