Week 31

Hey,

Post voting!
By God this is a long process... and it still feels like 2 steps forward and 1 step back a lot of the time. I suppose once I can see some progress by the end of each week it helps to keep pushing on - especially when I know how close I am now. I mentioned last week that I did 2 30 minutes of non-contact camogie training and that my knee felt great. I had training on Tuesday and the plan was to do 30 minutes again. I did my own small warm up and then we went into some walk-throughs, so my knee went from being warm to cold, when we started to actually warm up then I didn't feel confident. It was a different style of warm up with going in to passing and moving, changing direction etc. I finished my session and cooled down but I found it very frustrating because I had felt so fresh and confident the week before.

Spice Time 
  
Always Rehabbing 
The next day my knee was swollen and sore (noticeably - again exceptionally annoying), so I accidentally did a 3km slow run which appeared to not help at all (oops - hate doing nothing), and then the physio looked at my knee on Thursday and said there was a small reaction from something, a little swollen and that I was to do some off-feet work and not to train (ugghhhhhh).

Handsome Charlie 
     
My sister Mel 
The next day was Spice Up Your Life day so I just got on with it and did my knee mobility on the bus  (which took 4 hours might I add). The Spice girls were fabulous in case you'd like to know :). Anyway, I went extra early to training this morning, did my own pre-warm up warm up and my knee felt great and I could do 50 minutes (All non-contact). Another bit of progress !! NNNNB always stay warm!!

    
How I spend my evenings 
I'm also back enjoying the gym and will post the weights I'm lifting next week (if anyone has any interest haha).

Achievements of the week:
1. 50 minutes of training (Non contact - woooo).
2. Getting stronger again - SL Hamstring curls with a Swiss ball).
3. Charlie got his hair cut and he looks majestic :).

Training Plan for the week:
Monday - Conditioning.
Tuesday - Clare camogie (50 mins)
Wednesday - Gym/Plyos
Thursday - Clare Camogie
Friday - Gym
Saturday - Reformer Pilates
Sunday - Clare Camogie

Naomi

Comments

Popular Posts