Week 30 (Started back to training)

Back to training :)
Hey,

A great boost this week being back to training with camogie and I'm 7 months post op today :)! I started on Tuesday with 30 mins of the session and I was actually really nervous.... about how useless I was going to be more than how my knee was ha! It all went grand and then during a passing drill I collided with one of the girls and my initial reaction was Oh God my knee.... but it was fine, and it was probably good to get a small bit of contact out of the way early on!

I was less nervous about the second session and I enjoyed it way more, again I did just over 30 mins but the drills involved a lot more turning and sprinting and I felt as though I could keep going for far longer but at this stage I still have to be really diligent and follow the physios guidelines! It was a great positive even for myself though to know that I could have/wanted to keep going. Next week the aim is to increase that to 40-50 mins!

I went to my own physio on Friday and it was great to hear his views, overall he was delighted and said I could technically do a full training now but that I have been extremely patient with my recovery so far so that it would be stupid to rush it. He also reminded me that after every week after 7 months reduces the risk of re-injuring by 50%! I did some jumping tests and my right is getting much closer to my left, it's not on par yet so there's still work to be done all the same! My current main aim is still to get my quads and hamstrings to within 10% of my left leg, I've recently added in sled work and it's been a great help :).

Sled runs of a Sunday 
Achievements of the week:
1. Completed 2 30 min camogie sessions woo :)
2. Physio delighted me with the progress - nearly there :)

Training Plan for the week:
Monday - Gym - Weights/Plyos.
Tuesday - Clare camogie (40 mins)
Wednesday - Gym/Plyos - Charlie's haircut - Badly wanted :)



Thursday - Clare camogie (40 mins)
Friday - Rest Day
Saturday - Reformer Pilates/Gym
Sunday - Conditioning session

Naomi

Comments

Popular Posts