Week 29

Hey,

Motivation with the gym is a massive struggle at the minute. I'm really enjoying getting closer to training and the increase in intensity in all I can do which is making the gym a chore. Funnily enough the strength side of it is still probably the most important at the minute (and you still do the gym sessions well) but as a player you just want to play.

Overall this week was pretty good rehab wise. I had three on-field sessions which included - running (short distance and longer intervals), plyometrics and speed work, individual camogie skills work, one on one light contact and shooting (I'm cat oops).

The aim for next week is that I'll be hopefully joining back in with the warm-up at camogie, doing some non-contact work and then going back to my own running after. I'm looking forward to that but honestly enough I'm very apprehensive at the idea of contact at the minute. I'm sure like anything so far that it will be fine once I do one or two tackles but the idea makes me nervous!

Darkness into light with MoMo
Dad telling me how it's done 
I have my next testing in Santry on the 4th of June and my main focus was to bridge the gap between my quads (18% gap - want it to below 10%), my hamstrings (23% - same aim but both of these are quite weak), to improve range of motion (dooooooooseeeeeeeee) and to improve vertical power on right leg! My aim is to continue with 2/3 gym sessions a week (one small gym session at home hamstring dominant), 2 running sessions at training 1 slightly longer distance run during the week and 1 reformer pilates session (as hard as any gym session)! Nach mór ann anois!

Achievements of the week:
1. One on one tackling.
2. Striking on the run and shooting from distance (needs work ha).
3. Got up at 2.45am for DIL and made Máire McGrath smile (an achievement in itself).
4. Jumped on a bouncy castle and had no fear :).

Naomi

Comments

Popular Posts