Week 28

Hey,

Delighted it was over ha :)
28 weeks ago I couldn't walk without the help of 2 crutches and yesterday, 200 days post surgery I ran part of The Regeneron Great Limerick Run Relay marathon with 3 other teachers. I was a late call up due to two members of the squad having to pull out (great management by Pat :)) and so hadn't too much road running done post surgery (0 runs). That said and despite the hills and how horrific I found most of it. It was a cool thing to do. Funnily enough before I could see the finish line I thought my poor legs were going to give up on me, but when we turned the corner and I saw the finish line I got an unmerciful pep in my step and according to a team member I 'took off'. 6 and a half months after ACL surgery and he couldn't keep up for a finish ha (joke).

The only time I smiled during the
entire race :).
I am as shook as they come today, everything is a struggle. Funnily enough my quads are the sorest part, any form of a step is a severe stuggle but my knee is feeling good and felt good for the entire run! I went to the beach to for the sea water earlier and I felt great for approximately 3 minutes after. Got out of the car after the trip home then and I was as stiff as a poker so I had a 2 hour nap. To summarise I asked John if he would have any interest in doing a relay marathon now and he replied with 'ha, have you seen the state of you today, you're not exactly selling it' ha :).

Recovery in Spanish Point 

My own training has picked up again this week and all going well I should be able to partake in some form of team training in the next week or 2. My knee still feels stiff at times but as soon as I'm fully warm I have no fear whatsoever which is great! I'm really looking forward to that now!!

Me "Taking off" - According to Pat Gleeson
  
It's a miracle I lived
to tell the tale 
Before I got injured I had signed up with Recalibrated bodies for a food plan, é sin ráite my appetite was constantly changing and I'd often go from wanting to eat everything in Tesco to nothing at all in the space of ten minutes which made it quite hard to follow anything religiously! I'm starting back on that plan now for the coming weeks and all going well I might see a few changes which will help when I'm back playing (which is very close now woooo). I'll keep tabs on how it's going with this over the coming weeks anyway!


My team :) 
 Plan for the coming week: 
1. No impromptu races to be ran.
2. Up conditioning sessions - (Operation get fit).
3. 2/3 gym sessions - Quad and hamstrings gains are key.

Achievements of the week:
1. Ran as part of a team
A fair representation of how
I felt :)
(Relay Marathon - Love/Hate relationship)
2. Kicked a football properly - felt fine.
3. Turning has improved and I have more confidence in my knee now.

 Naomi


Comments

Popular Posts