Week 26

Hey,

I spent the first half of this week in Ireland and the second half between travelling and getting to India. In terms of strength and knee work I feel like I’m finally getting good strength back into my knee and can lift heavier! I did two gym sessions with Conor this week (involved with Clare football and had cruciate surgery a week after me) and it has been brilliant for motivation!

As usual I got in a reformer pilates class before leaving for India and a fitness session. Fitness levels are low.... but they can only go one way you’d hope! I was lucky to get an aisle seat for both flights coming to India but my knee still stiffened up a lot and got quite swollen (as did the rest of me really haha)! There’s a gym in the hotel though so I can do gym/running sessions while I’m here and I have those started.

While I’m over here I thought it would be nice to include some bits and pieces about this trip and how I have found it so far (not related to knee). We are here as part of the Immersion Programme with the HOPE foundation and have started and will continue to visit projects they have undertaken in Kolkata. I have heard a lot about Kolkata but it isn’t until you come here that you truly see the full picture.

The first two days were spent visiting two homes for slum and street children and it has been exceptionally eye opening. To see the joy on the children’s faces when we arrived is something I won’t be forgetting any time soon. We stayed there for about an hour chatting and playing with the kids and then went to Life Skills which was set up to give people the opportunity to learn key skills such as cooking, weaving and computer skills to name a few. The gratitude shown by the kids was incredible and to see the appreciation they had for something as small as bubbles was very eye opening. It really does make you think.

Achievements:
Weights are getting heavier at gym sessions.
11.25KG pull up
Double Leg jump to double leg landing on box.
Box Jump height has increased for one rep :)

Training plan this week will consist of 40/50 min gym everyday I’m here and a run every second day (on treadmill).

Naomi










Comments

Popular Posts