Week 25

Hey,

Working on my VMO/Keeping an eye on
the Easter eggs :)
It's been a particularly busy week with my 6 month check up and testing in Santry on Wednesday and getting prepared for the Easter holidays, all go :). I basically did my 3 month test at 6 months because I missed it originally and after completing the tests I was initially very disappointed with the results.

On arrival in the testing clinic in Santry I met the physio I would be working with and she examined my knee before the testing started. She commented on the stiffness and gave me some exercises to add in to help. The testing then included single and double like jumps and landings, cmj test, single leg squats and then the isokentic testing. This test shows the strength in your quads and hamstrings and its basically a push and pull test on your injured leg with the rest of your body strapped in.

Once the testing was finished the physio wrote up a report for me and then went through it with me. Overall it wasn't too bad, my jumping and squats were pretty good and my quad strength isn't too bad either but my ROM still isn't full on extension and is 10 off my right leg on bending which apparently is fine. My hamstrings are both very weak so that's going to be a big area of focus for the coming weeks. She told me that for the next 6 weeks strength should be my focus and that 2 gym sessions a week is sufficient and again emphasised the importance of rest. She also told me to start doing a higher number of sets on my injured leg to start building it up more. For some reason I was very disappointed with the results and felt like I was really far behind. In my head I thought I might have been told that I could join back in with non-contact training but that was maybe a small bit ambitious in hindsight.

Being a Social Butterfly
I met with my surgeon Mr Hogan and he was delighted with the results and with my progress, he checked my knee and told me it was really good and that it was very apparent that I have been working very hard so that was good I suppose. He also told me that he doesn't need to see me again so on his side he's happy anyway and that made me feel more positive! Short term goal is to return to non-contact training in 6 weeks and to slowly get back into playing from there! Exciting :).

I'm also on Easter holidays now woooo and I'm going to Kolkata (India) next week with the HOPE Foundation! There's a gym in the hotel so I'll be able to keep on top of my rehab too :).

Achievements of the week:
1. Started doing some small bits of shooting and knee feels ok :).
2. Went out 2 nights in a row haha.. I'm a social butterfly.

Training Plan for the week:
2/3 x Gym - Machine/Free Weight/Plyometrics
1 x Running/Plyometrics
1 x Reformer Pilates - Excel Physiotherapy
1 x Cycles
1 x Recovery session

Naomi


Comments

Popular Posts