Week 24

Hey,
Delighted with life and jumping haha

I started the week off with a recovery day after the 125km cycle last week. Legs recovered much more quickly than I expected but with having a running session and short cycle Sunday I thought it would be best to take a day off!

I'm starting to notice myself getting a bit stronger now and the weights are starting to go up. It's good because I'm back enjoying the gym again and I'm finding it easier to go :).
I went to Clare football on Wednesday and it was class because I could join in with parts of the running session. I'm pretty slow at the minute and I found that frustrating but the trainers reminded me I've only completed two sessions at full pace so far so obviously it's going to take a while. That made me feel a bit better and it's nice to be able to see where I am and the work I have left to do.
I got two other running sessions in this week which I'm really enjoying. Interestly my hip flexor was quite sore after the first running session this week so I've added an exercise to help strengthen those up!

Hip Thrusters
I'm back up in Santry next week so it will be good to hear Mr Hogan's views on how I'm doing. Advice for anyone going for check ups is to write down a list of questions and ask for clarity if there is anything that doesn't make sense. I learned this the hard way ha!

Getting that range of motion with less of a struggle now, although at times it's causing my knee to swell a bit and become uncomfortable! I use a band in the gym to help guide my leg into position! It helps a lot! I'm also going to continue cycling at least once a week as I've been finding it brilliant for my quads and hamstrings.


Exercise for ROM
    
Jumping under tension
Achievements of the week:
1. Joined in with the team for part of a session.
2. Weights going up and getting stronger.
3. New gym exercises added in :)

Training Plan for the week:
2/3 x Gym - Machine/Free Weight/Plyometrics
3 x Running/Plyometrics
1 x Reformer Pilates - Excel Physiotherapy
2 x Cycles
1 x Recovery session

Naomi












Comments

Popular Posts