Week 23

Cycle for HOPE
Hey,

This week has been a little different than previous weeks with a few cycles to help with the cycle I had planned on for Saturday. I cycled up Gallows hill and around by Meelick on 2 days which was a short but very tough cycle with the hills! I find the benefit of the cycles to be really good for my knee, especially the hills even though I thoroughly dislike them ha!

At camogie earlier in the week my physio gave me a session with lots more turning in it. It felt really strange at the start but by the end of the session my knee felt really good and strong, the most normal that it has felt so far even :)

I went to reformer pilates midweek so I wouldn't miss it and Ged was home from Georgia for a few days so he did a gym session with me! It was good to hear Ged's opinion as he hasn't seen me since Christmas and was happy with the progress I have made :). Range of movement hasn't been quite as good this week as last week but I'm not as worried about it now because I know if I could do it once that I will be able to do it again!

Myself and John cycled 125km on Saturday in aid of the HOPE Foundation and my word was it a challenge! We set off from my house just after 6am so we could start the cycle early. We knew that no matter how long it took us we would tip away and finish it so we thought the earlier the start the better! I had some minor technical difficulties when we started because I have cleets (professional cyclist haha) but I haven't used them since before I got injured so I couldn't get them to click in and my feet kept falling off the pedals haha! I thought we were going to have to go home before we had even started but eventually I got them working and after that I had no issues.. Except the cold! We thought we were cycling in the Tour De France and wore shorts and light tops in dry but exceptionally cold conditions :). Overall the cycle was CLASS, loved it but there were soooo many hills, we thought we had the hardest part done and then we came to the Corkscrew hill which was touggghhhhh but we got through it anyway! A very enjoyable day overall :).
Same cycle different t-shirt

Had camogie training this morning and my legs weren't at all too bad which was good and finished the weekend off with a short recovery cycle! All in all things aren't going too badly at the minute! I'm back up in Santry in 2 weeks so hopefully Mr Hogan will be happy with the progress :).

Achievements of the week:
1. 125km cycled with no knee pain and no fights ha!
2. More change of direction exercises added this week :)

Training Plan for the week:
2/3 x Gym - Machine/Free Weight/Plyometrics
2 x Running/Plyometrics
1 x Reformer Pilates - Excel Physiotherapy
2 x Cycles
1 x Pool/Recovery session

Naomi



Comments

Popular Posts