Week 22

Hello,
New Wheels (Featuring Little Chance - cat)

I finally got full range of motion in bending my knee yesterday and I am as happy :). The surgeon told me during my three month visit that it may never come back and to see that I had it yesterday (ie could do full quad stretch) was unreal!! To be fair Reformer Pilates has been class for my recovery because of the levels of stiffness in my knee! Slowly but surely!

Official H2O Distributor 
I made my debut as official H20 distributor for the Clare Ladies football team today and put in quite a performance haha! It was nice to be back closer to the pitch and I even made a few runs on and off the pitch :). Any progress is good progress :).  A great win against Tyrone!
Mid Attack

John also brought me on a 'lovely' hill walk last Monday "I know a perfect hill that would be great for your knee"... Please refer to photo. We got followed and Moo'd at by a herd of cattle, and I got stuck in the muck with my wellies - Charlie and I will not be returning.

I selected the activity this weekend and personally think that I did a far better job. I picked a genuinely lovely short 20km hilly cycle this morning up Gallows Hill through the woods and back by Meelick and my legs are dead (weather was fab) 125km will be a breeze.... May take a back seat now that I purchased some new wheels though :)

    
Full Range of Motion:)
Achievements of the week:
1. Full ROM Wooooooooo - Aim for next week to practice it every day!
2. Promoted to Clare LGFA H20 Distributor and being able to run without pain!

Training Plan for the week:
3 x Gym - Machine/Free Weight/Plyometrics
2 x Running/Plyometrics
1 x Reformer Pilates - Excel Physiotherapy
2 x Cycles
1 x Pool/Recovery session

Naomi


Comments

Popular Posts