Week 21

Hey,

Charlie loves a good view!
Lá Fhéile Pádráig agus cúig mhí déanta agam! I've more than half my recovery done :). The most important thing that I have learned recently is the importance of rest and listening to your body (sounds sad haha). I've realised that resting is actually allowing me to get more out of sessions and my knee is hurting less and less during them. Pushing through has actually proved to be no benefit to me in any shape or form.

      
Ice, the fire, Charlie and '
The Sinner'.
A fabulous Rehab combination!
Another thing that I have learned is that sitting down for long periods still makes my knee stiff and sore even after five months! Dose! I had two of those days this week, an inservice day and parent teacher meetings which both really stiffened up my knee despite efforts to keep it moving! There's far more movement in teaching days :)!

Things that help: Ice, band work (dem glutes), rest, training with people :)!!
Achievements of the week:
Rehab bag of bands!
1. Consistently training with the rehab group now :).
2. Learning to rest when needed and seeing the benefits!

Training Plan for the week:
3 x Gym - Machine/Free Weight/Plyometrics
2 x Running/Plyometrics
1 x Reformer Pilates - Excel Physiotherapy
2 x Cycles
1 x Pool/Recovery session

Naomi





Comments

Popular Posts