Week 20

Hey,

Comparison between left and right ROM
Week 2 post wisdom teeth and week 20 post ACL. All is well on both accounts haha :). It's been a good week of rehab and for the first time there has been very little pain/swelling post training sessions...(I refer to knee, not teeth :)) Started the week off very light and finished it with heavier tougher sessions. Nothing really exciting has happened except for the introduction of some hurling drills to add a bit of excitement to the rehab and that Lent has started ha :). I could easily give detailed description of each day but I'd probably even bore myself in the process. 

I can do a lot more in a session now without aggravating my knee than I could have a few weeks ago even. My one small issue is that I have a 125km cycle coming up and I'm finding it terribly difficult to fit in a few kilometres on the road with all the gym/running/plyometric sessions. I might just wing it and hope for the best! 

I'm 20 weeks now and still don't have a full bend which is the most frustrating factor of the entire rehab! I'm spending sooooo much time working on it and I still find that by the end of a pilates session on a Saturday it's pretty much at full range of motion and then by dinner that it's a long way off. Again, it is improving each week but it's unnecessarily slow! 

Balance Cushion with my little helper
Achievements of the week:
1. Hurling drills introduced :)
2. Knee reacting better to different movements.
3. Balance cushion + 10 consecutive pucks.
4. Didn't break Lent yet!

Training Plan for the week:
3 x Gym - Machine/Free Weight/Plyometrics
2 x Running/Plyometrics
1 x Reformer Pilates - Excel Physiotherapy
2 x Cycles
1 x Pool/Recovery session

Naomi












Comments

Popular Posts