Week 19

Hello there!

Finally over the teeth extraction situation. Started off well after getting them out last week and then took a major hit and was very ill until Wednesday. The medication really doesn't agree with me. In saying that my ability to exercise for the first half of the week was very restricted and my knee feels all the better for the rest! It's feeling stronger and running and jumping are starting to feel more normal :).

I had a physio session Wednesday! We started with a single leg triple jump on each side to see the difference between the two. It was MASSIVE first time around. My technique was tragic and I was so worried about minding my knee that I was jumping  stiffly and actually putting more pressure on my knee than necessary. We worked on technique for a while and in the space of two days I could jump the same distance with my left and right leg (Video below).

End of the week 

Start of the week
Middle of the week 
Come Friday I could train properly again and did a running mechanics/speed session with Conor (had surgery on his ACL 5 days after me). It's always good to train with someone :). I went to my usual pilates class Saturday morning followed by the gym! As usual I record myself doing certain exercises to look at form since I train by myself and a man (ripped) wanted to use the barbell I had my phone standing on (beyond mortified)... He then asked me if I wanted him to record me, what a nice guy! I explained to him that I'm injured (cringe hahahaha)...

I could actually participate in some fitness testing with camogie this morning, wooo :). My broad jump score was 183cm, which isn't too bad for 19 weeks post surgery one would hope! I could obviously do the upper body work too and while the running testing was happening the rehab group (me included) did circuits! The more I can do, the more excited I'm getting about getting back to play :) :).

Update on training for 125km cycle - Not a kilometre cycled this week, oops (blaming my wisdom teeth). Aim is to cycle at least 50 kilometres this week :).

Achievements of the week:
1. 183cm Broad Jump
2. Single leg triple jump - same distance both legs :)
3. Haven't mentioned me teeth to a single person... ever :)

Training Plan for the week:
3 x Gym - Machine/Free Weight/Plyometrics
2 x Running/Plyometrics
1 x Reformer Pilates - Excel Physiotherapy
2 x Cycles
1 x Pool/Recovery session

Naomi














Comments

Popular Posts