Week 16

         Rory of Rory's Stories at the
      Clare camogie fundraiser

Hey,

16 weeks down and a small few setbacks this week but progress made all the same. I had a tooth infection last week which progressed to an abscess and had to meet a consultant in Barringtons to discuss (love these meetings, they're as cheap as chips :)). I've to get three wisdom teeth out in two weeks which is gas because only one of them is inconveniencing me but oh well (poor Naomi).

I was sick and tired with the stupid tooth but nobody would have even known, I keep all these things to myself :) *(Family members may disagree :)). I wanted to keep training though because despite my ever extending list of ailments my knee is still my main and most pressing concern *(Please refer to blogs 1-15 re same :)).  

My running is progressing but my knee is still swelling and getting sore post sessions. Cryocuff still doing a great job. I'm continuing with the three sessions a week and my current 1km PB is 4 mins 31 seconds down from 5 mins 22 seconds last week :). I've spent loooooads of time this week again working on getting that quad stretch and there is days that it is getting very very close. After exercise it's never as close though with the swelling!.

We had the Clare camogie fundraiser Friday night in the Woodstock with Rory's Stories so I didn't get in my Reformer Pilates this week but I've myself booked in for next week already! Rory was very good also, very entertaining :).

On a different note, I didn't eat bread for the week to see if it would help with the recovery. I learned two things from my experiment. 1. It made no difference and 2. I love eggs and toast and eggs without toast is just eggs. If anyone has any advice regarding injuries and nutrition I'd be very interested :).

Achievements of the week:
1. Changing direction on command :) (Reaction times approximately 4 hours at present (Very windy evening all the same - difficult to hear commands) - Running (refer to video)
2. Box jump to kitchen chair - Making great use of the furniture :) (refer to video)
3. 1KM post injury time coming down :) (refer to picture)

Training Plan for the week:
4 x Gym
 - 2 x Machine/Strength days
 - 2 x Free Weight/plyometrics
3 x Running
1 x Pool/Recovery session

Naomi





Comments

Popular Posts