Week 15

Hey,

Similar week as last week except the addition of parent teacher meetings on Thursday. First full day spent sitting down and my knee felt even minute of it. I was as stiff as a poker in the evening trying to get it loosened out.

Running has been going fine although my physio has spent a lot of time this week looking at my technique. To be fair I never had a good running technique so she said if there was ever a good opportunity to try to improve it, it's now. We did a lot of running specific drills and exercises and core work to help improve it! She told me to relax a bit with the Forest Gump approach also :). I've taken all feedback on board, and I fully intend to act on the bits that don't inconvience me. The weather this week also hindered one or two of my sessions with the ice and frozen surfaces which was a bit annoying but I was able to move them around. My current 1km record post surgery is 5:22 which is tragic enough but it's good to have a target to beat next session :).

I'm still doing Reformer Pilates once a week in Excel Physiotherapy in Clarecastle and after the session Saturday morning it is the closest that I have been to the quad stretch which I was really delighted with (refer to photo above)
!!

In the last week people have told me that they are following my progress and that I am going well and will hopefully be back soon. Most are very surprised then when I tell them I'm still about 5 months away from being near to that stage. Key is to stay positive I keep telling myself :).

Achievements of the week:
1. Skipping to one leg - (Still extremely difficult relationship with a skipping rope).
2. Can nearly do full quad stretch :) :) :)
3. Progressed to a form of rebound jumping :)

Training Plan for the week:
4 x Gym
 - 2 x Machine/Strength days
 - 2 x Free Weight/plyometrics
3 x Running
1 x Reformer Pilates (Excel Physiotherapy)
1 x Pool/Recovery session

Naomi













Comments

Popular Posts