Week 14

Hey,

My winter wear (great for watching 
from the sideline)

A few new additions added in this week starting with backwards jumping which is tougher than I recall haha! Plyometrics (jumping for those who are thick) are now a big part of my rehab programme and I do them every second day.

Happy with the running progress :)
I now have a pretty solid schedule in place so I know exactly what I am doing for the week each day. I know I've mentioned the pilates before and have said that I am still struggling with the range of motion but I find that it's more helpful than any other aspect of my rehab programme for it. I run now and gym on alternate days so as not to overload too soon!

I ran for 30 minutes on Thursday on a track (3 sets of 10mins) which has been the longest I have ran so far and it was great! Until I finished and my hip flexor got really tight! Mentioned it to my physio and was told it's pretty normal because of the change in loading. Towards the end of the week I started running in an 'S' shape so incorporating some turning and side stepping! I was told because of my strength that it's ok to pick up the pace so I ran at 80/85% and I fully looked like Forest Gump hahahaha!!

Still struggling with ROM ............................
Achievements of the week:
1. Jogging time and distance increased.
2. Jumping backwards and counter movement jump added.
3. Running in an 'S' shape to re-introduce elements of turning.
4. Sidestep and running backwards :)
5. Successfully imitating a famous movie character (Forest Gump, also for thick people) :)

Training Plan for the week:
4 x Gym
 - 2 x Machine/Strength days
 - 2 x Free Weight/plyometrics
3 x Running
1 x Reformer Pilates (Excel Physiotherapy)
1 x Pool/Recovery session

Naomi









Comments

Popular Posts