Week 13


Hey,


Made a hames of my rehab at the beginning of the week. Was feeling really good after training on Sunday(jumping and running exercises etc), that I went and had a go at skipping. I had been cleared by physio to skip but being the bright spark that I am after a few minutes of skipping with two legs I decided to go to single leg. Too much too soon, I knew after only a few hops that it was too much and I stopped.

It set me back a few days as I had to concetrate hard on basic rehab to reduce and eliminate pain and I found the pool very beneficial. Interestingly we had a maths department subject inspection this week (secondary school teacher) and for the first time since I got injured I had a real distraction, it didn't make me forget about my knee obviously but it kept me from panicking after my skipping disaster!
My beautiful classroom!

After the inspections I upped the rehab again and I'm now trying to fit Reformer pilates in Excel Physiotherapy in every week! It's actually brilliant for both my knee with the range of movement but also with core, balance and overall mobility! Highly recommend and really enjoying the sessions.

Bend is getting there - still can't kneel down fully!
I'm also now at the point of my recovery that, on one hand I'm over the moon to see the progress I am making but I'm also finding it highly frustrating as I'm planning my own week of training and I don't have any set plan to follow. Before injury I knew what training I was doing every day, pitch, gym, mobility or running sessions, but now that I'm injured it's a different story and it's frustrating trying to make my own gym plan, running session or swimming sessions etc. Maybe that's another reason that I am enjoying the pilates and thoroughly enjoying being involved with the Clare camogie and football teams so much!!

Achievements of the week:
1. Skipping on one leg - haha not! (Skipping on two legs)
2. Jogging on astro with not too much pain in knee.
3. Wearing heels two days in a row in work with little pain :)

Training Plan for the week:
4 x Jog (Slow pace focus on leg movement not speed)
2 x Cycle - different distances/Inclines
1 x Reformer Pilates
1 x Pool
4/6 x gym lower/upper body
Rehab exercises everyday

Naomi





Comments

Popular Posts