Week 8

Hey,

Really good week overall and motivation levels steadily rising. Sad and all as it is I had to put a motivational quote as my screensaver after last week and it helped a bit to keep me going. I rang Santry a few times to try get an appointment for my knee and I've yet to hear back from them so I once again worked extremely hard on the bending and straightening. Finally starting to notice an improvement and by God am I persevering with it. I've been highly productive with my free time at work rolling, throwing and catching, balancing... All the key skills.

We had our staff party Friday night and although I am finally becoming less conscious of my knee, I spent most of the night sitting down and unable to dance :(... I did attempt a few minutes to give a display of my moves but it didn't last too long haha. I went shopping the next morning (not a blessed present bought still) and my sister and mother commented on how stiff my knee looked. I think it might have been from my two minute Michael Flatley rendition but that's neither here nor there. My point being, I nearly cancelled physio only for the fact that a bad physio session would top shopping any day of the week... :)

Physio went brilliantly though :). He's very happy with my strength and has given me a few new exercises to work on for next week. He also re-measured my bend and it has gone from 103 to 119 degrees this week which is very good (not brilliant but a good improvement). I was delighted with myself with this and he told me that I can start spinning classes from next week on (any recommendations in the Clare/Limerick area would be great :). He also told me I can book in to one of the Reformer Pilates classes next week in Excel Physiotherapy! I can't wait for that and I'm really excited to be adding some more training back in to my weekly routine.


New exercises for this week :)
1. Single Leg squat to bench.
2. Forward lunges with weights.
3. Lunge with medicine ball and rotation.
4. Hamstring curls with medicine ball.

NB Continue all other exercises!

Achievements of the week:
1. Could get into quad stretch myself. 
2. Bend now 119 degrees. 
3. Smiling more :). 
4. Occasional laugh. 
5. Knee feeling stronger. 

Naomi 





Comments

Popular Posts