Week 6

Hey,

The heating in work was broken at the start of the week meaning that my knee (along with the rest of my body) felt like it was in its own freezer and the movement wasn't so good... All shhhheiized up.. It meant that by the time I got home my knee was very sore and it was harder to get through the rehab exercises. As a result it felt like I wasn't making much progress (sad smiley face) .'Twas like Siberia in the place and come Wednesday I had to take serious measures by bringing my own personal hot water bottle to work (not at all prone to exaggeration) .... but I arrived in to a sauna. All was well in the world again :)... Very happy knee..

On the topic of work, I had parent teacher meetings Wednesday and went all out wearing a very tidy kitten heel (Blocky one, good balance), and got many a compliment on my ability to walk in a straight line. Shy as I am, I enjoy a good chat, but three hours of sitting in one spot with a re-couperating knee is not to be recommended. Stiff and sore again...

Aqua jogging band
Other than that, I've added a lot more swimming into my rehab programme now, with three swimming sessions/aqua jogging sessions a week. The aqua jogging is great and it's good to have a pretty set routine at the minute. I'm also training with the Clare camogie team and to be hon
est it's one of the high points of m
y week. It's great to have their support!. I've built up to 15 minutes of swimming and 20 of aqua jogging. Looking to improve on that for next week.

I look forward to physio these days, it's great. It's going well, had needles this week in physio for the first time since surgery and had a go on the reformers to get the knee bend improving. I've a few more exercises to be working on again which is good again! I find it very interesting how important mental attitude is with the recovery, I'm trying to see every small step made as progress and to try not to get too disheartened with the setbacks.

Charlie, only mad to go swimming :)
On another note and trying to make good use of my time and my positivity, I will be going to Kolkata in April with a group of students from school and the HOPE Foundation. I'm looking forward to it already :).

New exercises for this week :)
1. Leg press - (Big gains :))
2. Single leg bridge.
3. Band leg raises.
4. Lunge on bench (Aim to sit back on bench).
5. Rowing machine.

Achievements of the week:
1. Knelt successfully at mass....
2. Progressed from two legged bridge to single leg bridge :)
3. Side bridge incorporated successfully :)
4. Received reduced levels of sympathy from members of the general public :). 

Naomi 




Comments

Popular Posts