Week 10

CHRISTMAS WEEEEEK :),

Reconstruction of my ACL (not a paperclip)
Where to start. I got back cycling on the road for the first time since surgery :)! I only did a short 10km loop to begin with but it was tough enough (had that sick feeling in my throat half way through... That preseason one). My knee felt a little uncomfortable for the first half kilometre but after that it was the finest. I have a couple of routes to add in and aim for over the coming weeks to keep me busy with more hills and that. Exciting :)

My knee still feels quite stiff inside (My 28 year old sister believes this is due to the paperclip inside my knee... there is no paperclip). I'm still hopeful that it is nothing and I have my checkup next week in Santry so hoping I will get reassurance then. Now that I am training more I'm more aware of swelling in my knee after the sessions and have gone back to icing. Since Ged has come home for Christmas (Strength and Coniditioning coach with Georgian Rugby team) I have trained with him several times and it has helped loads with my knee.
Exercises in sessions:
1. Bridges with feet in different positions.
2. Knee extensions with band above knee back.
3. Climbing stairs (Booooooring).
4. Knee extensions with band above knee - front.
5. Seated calf raises with weight (15kg) on knee.
6. Calf raises holding 15kg.
7. Swiss ball hamstring curls (Improving at these).
8. Box squat with dumbell.
9. Single leg RDLs (with weights.. More gains).

I put the wellies that I got from Santa to good use by going hunting during the week also, well not hunting myself but I watched the horses :). It looked fun! It was a good chance to test out my cross country/ balance skills :).

Not much else has happened this week in terms of changing exercises, the idea for the last two weeks has been to stick with the same exercises but to increase weight. I've upped the off feet conditioning side also varying from hand bike, stepper machine (boooooring), rowing machine and the assault bike (Trying to work off the Christmas Indulgence :)).

Achievements of the week:
1. Back on the road with my bike :). Aim is to start small and increase distance/hills.
2. Had my first proper puck around on a pitch this week :). 
Knee extension with band 
above knee - front
(Working on full extension)

Training Plan for next week:
4 x gym sessions (Upper/lower body).
3 x off feet conditioning sessions/Cycles.
2 x swimming sessions.
1 x Physio Session
1 x Reformer Pilates

Naomi




















Comments

Popular Posts